Ghost in the window

Posted 2 years ago by Daiz Bon under Ghosts & Spirits

Ever since I was a kid, I sometimes see what other people don't. This happened a couple of years ago in my husband's house in Parañaque.

Even before we moved in, I heard stories about the entities living in the house. But I didn't mind it because I have full faith in God.

My baby was about few months old, she was sleeping in our room. I went to the kitchen to get her feeding bottles. When I went back, I saw a figure in our window. It was tall, but I can't see his face. I was pretty sure it was a man. His hair is like that of Jose Rizal. Old fashioned. He stood there, looking at my daughter.

I stood on our door, a bit shocked, but not scared. I'm quite used to it. I just said a short prayer, and it disappeared. From time to time, I felt someone is watching us, but I didn't mind. He can't do anything.

Years passed. My daughter was about 2 years old. She used to smile and wave, like she was talking to someone outside our window. Her grandma said it might be her guardian angel. I don't know.What creeps me was when she waved as if asking that thing to come inside. I told her not to... Good thing somehow she listened.

• Daiz Bon
  • Location: Philippines
  • Joined Date: February 5, 2015

Roselyn Daniel
that was scary...

Daiz Bon
i'm actually used to it.

Roselyn Daniel
:) That's good :) what's important is, have faith :)

Daiz Bon
Yep. just one prayer, they go away instantly.

Higaki Shigeru
I agree! Children sometimes see something that others dont. I wonder why.. reminds me of my next story that im gonna post soon.

Like  2 years ago Daniel Dumas and Daiz Bon like this.

Lisa Hudon
cute little girl, she has your lack of fear. the negative forces love fear and anger. but sometimes what seems angry is just someone trying real hard to give you a msg. i know, i have had a few of those. do you keep sage handy, to burn for cleansing areas?

Like  2 years ago Daiz Bon like this.

Daiz Bon
her granny said we should put a knife and salt on our windows, just to be safe..

E V
Salt in an unbroken line yes a knife not the best idea, get a piece of Iron,
Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron.

Francis Grose's 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue defines cold iron as "A sword, or any other weapon for cutting or stabbing." This usage often appears as "cold steel" in modern parlance.

Rudyard Kipling's poem "Cold Iron", found in his 1910 collection of stories Rewards and Fairies, used the term poetically to mean "weapon".

"Cold iron" is historically believed to repel, contain, or harm ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures. This belief continued into later superstitions in a number of forms:

Nailing an iron horseshoe to a door was said to repel evil spirits or later, to bring good luck.
Surrounding a cemetery with an iron fence was thought to contain the souls of the dead.
Burying an iron knife under the entrance to one's home was alleged to keep witches from entering.
In his novel Redgauntlet, the Scottish author Sir Walter Scott wrote, "Your wife's a witch, man; you should nail a horse-shoe on your chamber-door."

The original belief, that cold iron literally hurts otherworldly creatures such as fairies and spirits, has been taken up again in modern times,
Hope this helps Daiz,
Stay safe all the best.

Daiz Bon
the knife was from japan, i think was pure iron...
we even put broomsticks!

E V
Best to have the knife with you tho as it can be used if needed, The salt should be enough at the windows,
I would recommend you Put a blunt iron nail or some other piece of iron on the window sill instead.
Stay safe all the best.

Daiz Bon
thanks for the advice! red heart

E V
NP any time :) red heart